A Comedy Digital Short Shot in LoHI
Laughter and Massage are the Best Medicine
It’s always nice to report on Denver’s fast growing arts and entertainment scene! From our galleries to our theaters the city of Denver has it going on. Today our focus is on the art of comedy, that funny field where writers, actors, and filmmakers try to get us to laugh and forget about our troubles for a little while. In fact some say Laughter is the best medicine for body and soul. Discover magazine reported in their article “10 Reasons Why Laughing Is Good for You” exactly how laughter helps you feel better.
Do you know what else is good for body and mind…. a great zen creating massage! The team at Symmetry Therapeutic Massage is well known in the LoHi for their great massages and as a wonderful destination to let your worries and stress fade away. Their Yelp Reviewers certainly echo this too!
The only thing better than laughter or a massage is a comedy about a massage. This is exactly what happened when Symmetry Spa donated their beautiful location to Second City trained Denver Comedy Writer Mike Miller of Urban Brain to create a digital short.
Local businesses helping local artists! We love these kind of stories.
Urban Brain has geared up for the summer season to write and produce some new Denver Comedy Content, including a web series for a Non Profit. The project is in script writing this summer and shooting to begin here in Denver late Summer or Fall.
Cheers to Symmetry Spa for their kind donation and Urban Brain for bringing us laughter. We will be Following Urban Brain to see the series when it launches.
Comedy in Denver
The Comedy scene in Denver is booming. If you love laughter here are a few live and locally created comedy shows you might want to catch.
- June 4th – 29th Garner Galleria Theater: Second City’s American Mixtape makes musical mirth out of missed love connections, political partisanship and a host of other afflictions that are far better to laugh at when put to song. (website)
- Comedy Works: Denver Stand Up and Comedy Shows weekly bringing some of the big names you know and love along with Denver’s local rising stars. (website)
- Bovine Metropolis Theater: Denver’s training center for Improv offers classes and shows filled with local Denver talent. They feature Improv shows but you can also enjoy Sketch Comedy and stand up. (website)
- Voodoo Comedy Playhouse: Improv, Stand Up, Burlesque, and Karaoke this Denver Comedy lounge always has a fun lineup of shows to catch and comedy workshops for writers and improvisors. (website)
- Urban Brain: Local Denver comedy writing and filmmaking is launching shortly. We love that Mike has been writing comedy shows for the Denver Theater circuit for years and plans to spotlight the talented Comedy Writing students from his course at the University of Denver. It’s a big circle of giving back. (Follow the Launch).
To learn more about the amazing LoHi neighborhood where all this magic happened visit our milehimodern Highalnds / LoHi Page here!
Happy Zen Laughter Denver!